Saturday, November 26, 2005

Growing your network

Keeping track of all your friends and business contacts can become quite an impossible task!

Luckily the web provides us with tools to make this process a bit easier. I've started using LinkedIn to keep track of my network. It's pretty cool, and allows you to see which contacts your contacts have. If you need to get in touch with one of those 2nd tier contacts, you can ask one of your direct contacts to provide you with an introduction.

Google has also spotted the potential of this kind of system, and acquired Orkut. Orkut is more targeted at growing and maintaining a network of friends, as opposed to business contacts. To get an orkut account, you need to be introduced by a current member (boy Google knows how to market!). I did a blog search, and begged Darnell Clayton, author of the Hidden Nook, to give me an invite.

Thanks a lot Darnell, your generosity is greatly appreciated! I can also really recommend his blog, and will add it to my bookmarks on the right.

I want to spread the love...and grow my network. So if there's anyone who wants to join my linkedIn or Orkut network, feel free to drop me a line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get notified if my blog changes:
powered by Bloglet