Saturday, November 12, 2005

Life is beautiful

It's been almost a month! What kept me busy:
  1. In one of my previous posts I rave on about how cool "Wild Cams" are. Well this very wildcam at Pete's Pond drained all my bandwidth last month. It took me over my 3Gig cap (that's how it works in SA), which made my international browsing impossible.
  2. We celebrated our first wedding annerversary! My wife, Lienke, is truly amazing. Our first year has been fantastic and we are really blessed.
  3. Business is booming. I've got so much work that I can barely breathe. South Africa is really starting to attract some foreign investment, resulting in all-round expansion and development.

Bonsai Trees rock. I've planted a whole range of Acacia seeds about a month ago. They're about 15 cm tall now, so I'm starting to repot them. Our garden is quite small, and already well established. This has encouraged me to opt for the Bonsai route. I didn't know the first thing about Bonsais, but after a bit of research I've come to appreciate it's beauty.

What I find particularly fascinating is the way the Japanese hand down their Bonsais through generations. Imagine being given a 500 year old tree by your dad, guarded and cared for by previous generations. It's more than just a tree - it almost becomes a part of each of it's caretakers.

The photo at the top was taken at Blouberg Strand near Cape Town...by me! Summer is in the air, and I can say with confidence: La Vita e Bella!

1 Comments:

At 25 November, 2005 00:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on you business as well as your anniversary!

Hope all goes well in the near future. I enjoyed reading your blog, especially your ID vs. Evo post. Happy Thanksgiving my blog friend (kinda).

PS

Orkut Invite? I'll send ASAP. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get notified if my blog changes:
powered by Bloglet